2013

...was a long, long road.

It was full of all-nighters. All night working on storyboards, designs, studying for exams, film editing, or having fun. 2013 was overall, a pretty productive year for me.

Earlier this year, I landed an internship with DreamWorks/PDI in Redwood City, California. 

 Overall it was the best experience. I met a ton of passionate, hardworking and great people who were all very nice about answering the intern minions' questions. haha

Got to see behind the scenes on quite a few of upcoming movies from DWA & they are all cool!
I had a lot of people to thank & I hope they all got my thank you cards!

Commuting was exhausting though. Luckily I had a few great carpool buddies :)


Here's the Spring 2013 DWA interns at the Glendale Campus. Us RWC interns photo-bombed it in true RWC intern fashion.


My last semester at Cal went out with a bang. CNM190 was a class I took with the awesome people in this photo. Together we made 2 short films, HorsePower & Paper Magician. (Even though I was technically on HP, I couldn't help but create designs for PM) 
In the end, we toured our films around to DreamWorks, ILM, Telltale Games and anyone else who would watch. It won laurels at the Napa Valley Film Festival in November too!



So I graduated from UC Berkeley...thank God. It was fun, but I'm glad to be done with traditional school and start focusing on specifically becoming a better artist. It's kind of freeing to think that now I can learn, draw, do whatever I want and not worry about grades! 
Summer came and I was officially an adult...so I did what every "real" adult does. I went camping in Mt. Lassen Volcanic Park with a few friends. 

Then, I got a 'real' job. Full-time graphic designer at the Blum Center. 

I also bought a home with my hubby too!
 

It's pretty nice. Has a great view. The backyard is really pretty, but kind of wet.

Started working on an interactive children's book for the iPad. This is possibly my dream project. I've been thoroughly enjoying it.  It's titled, Not so Big or Bad Coyote, a Southwestern Style Lil Red Riding Hood. Here's a preview of my process:

More Lil' Red stuff here. I'll be posting more as we go along. We expect to be done soonish! 


Went to Missouri for a week with my Grandmother. That was an adventure.

Cell phone service isn't really a thing there. Corn's big though. And bugs, barns and cows. Lots of cows.
(Not sure where I got this photo, but I didn't take it. I just drew on it.)



Fall came and I decided I'd finally take a character design class with the fantastic, Chris Sasaki. (More on that here & here.)

Then there was APE & CTNX.


So I wrapped up 2013 in a big way... saw the Searle Exhibit, visited Pixar with the AnimC Classmates, landed a gig Freelancing for TV Animation, celebrated my birthday, Christmas and fireworks tonight!

Happy New Year's Eve Everyone!

Hope 2014 brings on more creative wonderfulness!