Monday, November 7, 2011

Headless Horseman


©Alishea Gibson 2011
Do Not Use Without permission.
I actually finished this about a month ago, getting into the Halloween spirit as you can see. The project was to find and use different materials as things to paint with, on and glue. I used everything from red dirt to soy sauce, rubbing alcohol to colored pencils, clear nail polish to splenda and a bunch of different papers. It turned out better than I expected. The only thing I'd change is the horse. I think I got carried away with the purple, it's too vibrant. My classmates, were too sweet to say so, but I think I'm my own worst critic.
Below are some more close ups:




Also, I walk daily by a cafe with a chalkboard in the window. And after I had finished this piece and was walking home with it, I noticed they had changed their sign to promote their pumpkin latte...with the exact matching headless horseman to the paper sculpt under my arm. It was cool and at the same time, like am I being watched?! Or was it a coincidence? Oddly interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one. How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete